Try The Chilli From Russell Of 2 Mile Hill
I first decided to try my hand at Chili for a pot-luck lime at a friend’s house and it quickly became a hit. I like to add Bajan flair to the dish by including a dash of diced Scotch Bonnet, just to make your eyes water and nose run a little bit. Enjoy with some rice or dip in your favourite chip… anything goes.
Paddy’s Chili is an easy and quick dish to make, perfect for limes pun de beach or raucous house parties.
TRY YOUR HAND AT THE CHILI THAT’S A HIT WITH RUSSELL’S FRIENDS!
1 lb Ground Beef
1 large Onion
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 can Chili Beans in Chili Sauce
2 tbsp Chili Powder
1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Cumin
1 Sweet Pepper
1 Scotch Bonnet Pepper
1 tsp Sugar
½ cup grated Cheddar cheese
½ Beef Maggie Cube
1 Diced Pimento
2 Cloves Diced Garlic
Add Chives, Thyme, Oregano to taste
Bajan Green Seasoning
And if you like feel free to add:
HOW TO MAKE PADDY’S CHILI
- Season beef and brown in a large skillet for 6 – 7 minutes.
- Combine beef, chili beans with sauce, diced tomatoes and 8 ounces of water in a large pot at a simmer; stir continuously.
- Add in chili pepper, cumin, paprika, diced onions, peppers, sugar and salt.
- Add optional ingredients like cheese and celery, etc.
- Leave to simmer for 20 mins while stirring.
- Top with shredded cheese, chives, and parsley.
Serve in a bowl, or over rice, pasta, bread, Doritos, or whatever you want really.